Friday, January 05, 2007

While I'm still watching movies, net surfing and going out on dates...

............I realised that all my single friends are erm... "officially" attached. Those were the days we gather around the school canteen teasing each other on who's going out with who.

During our early 20s, we begin to talkabout the latest fashion, nail colors, love letters, that handsome someone, our dreams, plans...some already talking about their wedding plans, their " 24K gold suffer-Ring"..............



Suddenly.... lately....

*my cellphone ringing*

L'abeille: Hi, wow long time no see...how are you?

Caller: Oui missy, yeah it's been quite a while since we go out for tea.. I am doing great..., opps wait a minute...my baby's making noise...............ok you can continue talking... ya ya....he's quite a handful lately... wait...give me a sec

*mmm... is she breastfeeding with one hand and holding on to the phone on the other hand ar?*

Caller: Sorryyyy...aiyo this boy ar... you see lar...wake up at this hour, sure he's gonna be active later during bedtime..

L'abeille: It's ok lar.... We can catch up some other time

Caller: No No..its ok, eh you know ar...I thought of substituting breast milk with baby formula but he doesn't wanna drink from the bottle.. *laugh* Don't know why hor... and my mother in law said he can start eating porridge wor.... I also don't know what to do..

L'abeille: Sorry lar......don't talk about their food, I might have problem wearing a diaper for them man... Seriously, I think you better put down the phone... We'll catch up later...

*can still hear baby crying like he's being abused*

Caller: Oh..ok ok...btw...you're dating someone..it's been quite a while ler..bla bla bla? *giggle like a witch* Eh, you're not young anymore leh. You see lar, I am 2 yrs younger than you already got two monkeys in the house..

*In deep thoughts... who on earth call their own kid a monkey!!!??? tsk tsk tsk..."

L'abeilla: *smiles* bubye..

Caller: Catch up some other time. I'll call back when i am free....

Haha..what on earth, we singles no longer share the common topics with the married ones now?? I don't wanna talk about in laws and out-laws, baby and their poo texture, unfaithful or overly romantic husbands and boyfriend....




*turning to my pet poochie Sandy...* "Shall we talk? ;)"

No comments: