Friday, November 23, 2007

I 'luv' Penang Hokkien Mee & Lorong Selamat Char Koey Teow

This dish is called Penang Hokkien Mee in Penang, But people in KL/Ipoh and everywhere else calls this soupy noodle as Prawn Mee/noodle.

While XT and I were in Penang last weekend, we randomly bumped into a Penang Hokkien Mee stall located along Macalester Road for breakfast (Sorry mate, I forgot the name of the kopitiam. In fact, I can't remember which shop i went to because I was too hungry that morning.. )

I TELL YOU, as soon as XT's fear of horses is gone, I'll be there again for another bowl of heavenly Penang Hokkien mee with lots of pork ribs, prawns, roast pork and porky 'spareparts'! The broth was very sweet, it's not too spicy and the pork ribs was really tender!

As for lunch, XT's daddy brought us to Lorong Selamat for for char koey teow before we continue our journey to Ipoh. Goodness! That was one of the best char koey teow I ever had in my life! I didn't manage to take photos because we were in a hurry and my eyes were glued to the Lor Bak, Ice cream ABC and popiah on our table. You can read all about the Penang famous char koey teow here.

Till then, I'm hitting the gym... *gotta burn calories before the next makan expedition!*

No comments: