Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Heng Kee Bak Kut Teh

*Non Halal Post*

I've only heard of PJ old town/PJ State but I've never explored this part of the "world" before until I met X-T. I've heard of Heng Kee BKT and how nice it was but I've never been to this hidden gem before. I got a little excited when X-T told me about this famous stall which is located "quite near" to his home. That was 2006 and I wasn't that ready to eat a full porky meal yet! hehe


After a year an a half, L'abeille finally decided to try out Heng Kee BKT for the very first time and it was good... really really good. I love the way they serve too. Heng Kee served BKT on individual bowl with your choice of ribs, lean meat, oily triple deck cuts and other side dishes such as mushrooms, innards and tofu pok. At least I don't have to 'wash my spoon' digging into the big claypot for lean meat :P




All GONE in 20 minutes.... L'abeille finishes the soup until the very last drop. That shows how delicious their BKT was and it's never easy for L'abeille to force food down her throat.. Especially sinful ones like these *LOL*



Stinky but healthy chopped garlic tasted wonderful with BKT as claimed by X-T. L'abeille shall pass!

8 comments:

Audrey said...

Aiyo! All your posts are making my mouth water. So far away in Hong Kong and I can't taste all these yummy food back home. :(
By the way, I will add you to my blogroll to remember to return here to look at all these yummy food. Cannot get to eat, see also good!

L'abeille said...

Thanks for adding me tot's mom! Next time when you come to Malaysia, remember to go and taste the BKT ok?

s.kuan said...

oooo bak kut teh...drooling liao...woa....

Supergirlfriend said...

OH I miss bak kut teh..can't remember the last time I ate it! But too bad my Superboyfriend cannot take porky! hai.......

Lee said...

Hi L'abeille, no matter the food, no matter the location, no matter the ingredients, food always taste good when shared with your loved one.
Have that above dish alone, it will taste differently, but with XT by your side, the full flavour and scent comes.
I have eaten at lots of places, alone. One of my favourites is 'har mee'. And have been to noted places for this dish, Penang, Singapore, Segamat, Sitiawan, Kota Kinabalu etc...but when my wife makes it, it is just Heavenly. Because it is made with love. Taste different.
You and XT keep well and best regards, UL.
ps, if free drop in for coffee. L.

L'abeille said...

u lee,

You're absolutely right, my friend.

Heading to your place for a cuppa java fix now ;P

Lemonjude said...

I was there at last Sunday. It was a famous place for BKT...

L'abeille said...

Lemonjude,

And if only we finish shopping an hour earlier, we would've bumped into each other at the BKT restaurant ;P