Friday, December 12, 2008

A crispy secret

After years of experimenting in the kitchen, I realised that I've did alot of silly things over the stove. Some accidental secrets are a keeper because the dish turns turned out great. Once I was actually frying some chicken strips but I ran out of cooking oil. The only oil available at my kitchen was crisco. So I melted the lump of oil to fry the chickens instead. Well, it turned out the chicken was crispier and tasted even better. After the meal, I checked on the Internet and found out that it was a norm that people actually uses crisco for frying. But that day, when my friend asked what's the secret to crispy chicken, I told them I used cisco. They were so shocked to hear that. Later, I realised that it was actually my typo error. I used Crisco and not CISCO. :p

No comments: