Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I choose to rant on Mid Autumn Festival

I've been away from my hometown for more than 10 years. Cooking my own dinner and cleaning up my own mess is a norm. Well, not that I'm going to indulge myself on a weekday but somehow I just felt lonely especially during non-holiday festivals like today. Why so?



Mooncakes will only taste good when you're enjoying them with the family


Well, the office was particularly quiet today. One took leave while the rest rushed home to be with their families immediately after work. As they were walking pass my cubicle rushing to the front door, they happily asked "L'abeille, what are you doing tonight?", "Nothing", I replied with a smile on my face. Well, not because I love to party or I'm particularly hungry but there's only one thing in my mind as I was answering .... I miss my daddy and mommy.

To those of you who're currently studying or working away from home just like me. Do you feel the same? Or it's just me?

A cuppa dinner for L'abeille tonight consist of...


250ml of warm milk from an organic cow


+




Heaps of organic bittersweet dark chocolate



.......and continue looking at my PC
hopefully the "cheerful moon" will appear later in the night...



Have a great Mid Autumn Festival My Dear Readers!


11 comments:

pearly said...

HAPPY MOONCAKE DAY LER WOW YOU GUD LER YOU EAT MOONCAKE AND LOOK AT THE MOON , HERE uk RAIN THE WHO;E DAY i BET THERE WILL NO MOON TONIGHT LUCK i STILL HAVE ONE MOONCAKE LEAVE i JUST SIT BACK AND AUPU ALL BY MYSELF WITH CUP OF TEA HAHAH . YOU ALSO SIT BACK AND CHILI AND RELEX OK

pearly said...

poor you .... me too I am away from malaysia for more then 20 years I miss the mooncake festival too also miss home too .
where are you now why You don't go back hometown ler ? far aways like us?

L'abeille said...

Hi Pearly, Come dine with me..don't sapu all the mooncake alone! I drink hot chocolate only hehe

Sweet Jasmine said...

Hi, just swing over from Erina's blog..ya..eating mooncake with family is more meaningful..i just had mine with my son and his gf..

L'abeille said...

Hi Jasmine, have some Jasmine tea on me ;)

Nice to see you! Ya lor, now you know how homesick I'm feeling.

L'abeille said...

Pearly: Family's in Ipoh, I'm In Kuala Lumpur. Not far but I can't go home because Mooncake festival's on a weekday this year...

pearly said...

HI STILL A WAKE KA XXX NOT BED YET ?

pearly said...

I wish to have diner with you too la my diner tonight is very fast and easy la is call Chicken tonight ahhah

L'abeille said...

Hi Pearly, I slept right after I replied your last comment haha...

Anonymous said...

hihi....just blog hop from sasha's :)

i too love hot chocolate drinks...may i know where can i buy the chocolate powder? looks very unique and i also never come across it before...

thanks in advance

lili

L'abeille said...

Hi lili,

Nice to meet you :)

I bought mine from Cold Storage. The brand is called Green and Black Organic dark chocolate. It's a UK brand.