Sunday, September 02, 2007

Ratatouille wannabe

So have you watched Ratatouille? Do you like it? Well, the minute I left the cinema, I told X-T excitedly that I am going to make Ratatouille. He just nod his head and smile but I believe he has no clue what his gurl is going to stuff him AGAIN this time..Muahahahaha!


I spend a week browsing though my stack of recipe books, searched through the net and realised that the REAL ratatouille dish looks like these...



Source: Recipetips.com


AND




Source: Paper Palate


Since I couldn't find anything that looks like the one in the cartoon, I've created a 'cheat' version of the dish.



Here goes....



L'abeille's Ratatouil
le with Grilled Dory




Lazy chef like me uses a bottle of cooking tomato sauce because it's convenient.

I think if Remy were to catch me using a bottle of instant cooking sauce, he would rather die by jumping into a pot of hot soup out of frustration..heh!






The vegetables






The imaginary rat Remy sliced the vegetables, so I did the same






Stir fry the onion and garlic with a little olive oil. Pour in the cooking sauce. Add in mix Italian herbs, bay leaves, thymes and stir well. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Pour the sauce in a baking casserole.






Arrange the sliced vegetables on top of the sauce and bake for 30 minutes or until the tomato sauce is bubbling at the bottom of the casserole and the vegetables has releases it's juices.






While waiting for the vegetables to cook, I grilled some dory fillets marinated with a little salt, pepper and lemon juice and toast some garlic bread.







Here's our simple and healthy dinner inspired by Pixar's animated comedy ;)

p/s: You must try eating Ratatouille with crusty bread..it's heavenly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yammmyyy sooooosedappppppppppppppp