Saturday, November 24, 2007

Two bowls of Assam Laksa for L'abeille!?

We were on our way to J's house at Bukit Jalil. I was starving and XT decided to have a quick lunch at Lucky Restaurant @ Sri Petaling. It's located right opposite The Store supermarket.




I spotted a stall sitting at the corner of the restaurant. I can't read Chinese but I can recognize the word "= siao (small small)" written on the stall front.

"Dear, I want assam laksa. Small one will do!" pointing at the stall.




When I said SMALL, I didn't expect it to be THAT CUTE! Looks huge on your screen but the bowl is only the size of a small rice bowl. There's only 3 tablespoons full of noodle in the bowl.. I should have guessed the size earlier because it only cost MYR1.90 per bowl. Guess the normal price of a hawker assam laksa cost around MYR3.00 - MYR3.80 each?

Now you ask how's the taste?
Love it to bits! It has the perfect balance of sweet and sour fish broth with lots and lots of vegetables in it.


GUESS WHAT? *shy* I requested for bowl# 2!


Here comes my second bowl of assam laksa.

"Oui dear, fai ti lah, I'm still hungryyyy"


Yeah... L'abeille DID finish the 2nd bowl clean...including the yummy soup! Not a single drop of soup left in both bowls..

P/S: We later found out that they only serve assam laksa in one size. No big, no small but SMALL SMALL. ;)

No comments: