Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rice cooker that bakes!

YES! Besides being able to perform regular , quick cook, porridge and steam, this rice cooker "BAKES"! Ooo...I likey likey....

You're definately better than my OLD pot *no pun intended*


The rice cooker comes with a few cake recipes, I am trying out the banana cake recipe on my first attempt.



The mixed batter was poured into the nonstick rice pot (brushed with a little butter).



The recipe requires me to set the cake timer to bake for 50 minutes. *fingers crossed*



Exactly 50 minutes later... the fluffy and evenly baked banana cake was born and was removed from the nonstick pan without hassle. Woohoo!
I'm not sure about the taste yet because the cake is still cooling itself on the cake rack.

11 comments:

Sweet Jasmine said...

A nice cake indeed...so easy and saves you buying the oven..ha..ha..

pearly said...

I am so regret now , cos when I am back to malaysia I saw this rice cooker and I keep think should I buy it or not at the end I didn't .
now looking at wat it can do ..:(
I wish I had .
this cake look real good
have a nice day

L'abeille said...

Jasmine: Yes, saves alot of space in the office but I can't roast a chicken with this rice cooker ler :S

Pearly: Don't worry, buy this on your next visit to Malaysia :)

L'abeille said...

Awww Jasmine, did i say 'office'? hahaha I mean...Kitchen :p. I think I've been working at home for too long!

Anonymous said...

wow.. that is a wonderpot !!!..

Little Inbox said...

Wow, great! Multipurpose pot.

twosuperheroes said...

er...so auntie l'abeille, the cake jadi or not? Can eat? Haha. :p

Lemonjude said...

The cake looks good la...u makes me want to bake liow..(MSN with you later abt this)...but I don't have baking stuff at this moment...

So far other than rice, I used to cook porridge, red bean soup, steam this and that and all are done wonderful...

L'abeille said...

Ervin's mom,little inbox: Oh yes! A great pot indeed hehe

twosuperheroes: Jadi! :)

Lemonjude: I think I'll only use this pot for rice and 'occasional' baking when I'm too lazy to clean the oven. I believe soups, porridge will taste better cooked in claypots/slowcookers . Agree?

erinalaw said...

It's a good thing to have but cannot bake cookies leh..............

L'abeille said...

Erina,

You're right lor..still need oven to bake cookies but it's gonna be really useful when I'm lazy to bake but wanna have home made cakes to chew on hehe...

Have a great day!