Monday, July 14, 2008

The Potz Cafe, SunwayMas Commercial Centre

*NON HALAL*
X-T has been telling me that his ex-colleague's sister opens a cafe at SunwayMas and ALL these while, we thought SunwayMas is somewhere near Sunway Pyramid. Sigh, confusing right? Honestly, we found this cafe by coincidence one day after our weekend shopping at One Utama, returning home via the 'back lane' to avoid the nasty traffic jam at the highway. What an accidental bliss! We found great food *smiles*
Actually, X-T's ex-colleague had recommended us 2 of his sister's best seller a.k.a 'chiu pai choi' at her cafe. Though, there were plenty of choices in her menu of other equally yummilicious dishes... it wasn't difficult for us to make our choices because we already knew what we MUST try on our very first visit to Potz.

Recommended dish#1: Clay Pot 'Loh Shee Fun' - rat tailed noodle. X-T whom not a fan of 'loh shee fun' was a 100% convert right after tasting a spoonful of the noodle.

I asked if I can start cooking 'loh shee fun' at home. He said ONLY if I can cook as good & as similar to the one he had here Potz Cafe. O.o


Recommendation#2: BBQ pork noodle. The roast pork was caramelised to perfection and was sitting on a bed of springy egg noodle. I think this is so much better as compared to the one we had at Mama's Kitchen @TTDI.


As I was walking into the restaurant, a photo of these Fried lotus roots with stuffed pork captured my eye cos lotus roots are my favourite. This dish was not recommended by anyone yet but now that I've tried, I wish to let you know, these sinfully fried lotus roots tasted so nice.. But please be reminded to eat these snacks HOT.


The Potz Cafe
37-1, SunwayMas Commercial Centre
Jalan PJU 1/3F47301
Petaling Jaya
Selangor



1 comment:

Annie Q said...

Now looking at the "lou sze fung" make me hungry...droollllllsss....and the BBQ pork noodle..yum yum...hungry....