Friday, July 06, 2007

Hotel Reservation.com

I love to travel as much as I love cooking. Since I'm a part time caterer, I realised that hiding myself in the kitchen baking and cooking the same few dishes everyday will definitely not bring me far in this industry. I need to get out of my comfort zone to explore the world with my very own eyes. Therefore, whenever I've the time, I'll make a point to leave my country to explore different styles of cooking, absorbing new ideas and usually after the trip, I'll be inspired to create something new in my kitchen.

Since I love to explore the world on my own, I hate joining a packaged tour. Mainly it's because package tours will not allow me to have the freedom to spend extra time on places I like, sometimes, I won't even get a chance to visit them at all! Everywhere we go will be timed. Tour leaders giving you the wake up call at 6:00am in the morning, expecting you to be at the breakfast table by 7:00am sharp. Hey look, I'm going on a relaxing vacation..... NOT an army camp training! I prefer to book my own air ticket, room of my choice and hire my own car. But then again, it's so tedious and well to be frank, I'm too lazy to surf from one website to another to make all these necessary bookings. Hah!

All my problems resolved when I found out that I'm able to do a all-in-one booking at Hotel Discounts.

Now I can pick my choice of accommodation from reasonably priced bed and breakfast all the way to luxury hotel rooms. Not only that, I'll be able to save up to 70% off on bookings made via the website. What amazes me is that reservations can be done at any time of the day as it is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They even have a helpline which is also open 24 hours a day to assist me if I need to make changes in my itinerary. Nice eh?


So now, if I have the urge to plan for my next vacation at 3am in the morning, all I have to do is get hold of my credit card and start log in to Hotel Discounts and everything will be taken care of. All I need to worry now is to get myself a reliable map of the city I'll be visiting :)



No comments: