Friday, August 17, 2007

The thing in the box

I'm all grown up..... well, most of the time.

Many months ago, something displayed in a retail store caught my eye. I kept staring at it for quite awhile, looked at the price tag, and reluctantly walked away. I thought I've forgotten about it until a new media sensation brought out the kid in me and left me wanting more. Many weeks later, while L'abeille and I were window shopping, we came across the same store. I went in so I could have the opportunity to 'stare' at it again. Of course, it was no longer there - I nearly kicked myself.

Over the next few weeks, during our window shopping sessions, I would make use of every opportunity to enter similar retail stores in the hope of finding it again. But, no luck. I regretted not getting my hands on it the first time...........

Solution came in the form of bidding through the internet. Needless to say, I confirmed the trade and the parcel L'abeille put so much effort in getting it for me finally arrived. And, what's inside? Well, see for yourself....


It's an Optimus Prime action figure from the Transformers cartoon series! And what does it do? Why, it has many movable parts and it can transform into a truck, just like in the cartoon (and in the movie).


If I gave the above response to my mom, and if she knew how much I paid for it, she'd most assuredly roll her eyes upwards and give me a weird look. As for L'abeille, she's an extremely wise and understanding partner (sincerely, I swear!) - no weird looks and no eyes rolling in the socket. She understands me (and the kid in me) completely. She even sat by my side while I was transforming Optimus into truck mode. According to her, it took me sixty minutes to do it. And she mentioned I looked extremely stressed during that entire hour. Well, of course I was stressed - I was extremely afraid of breaking something.

It was good to be a kid again...................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm my house also got hahahahah
my brothers are also kids!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by and the wish. Hope to see you again in my blog. Im busy with current tasks so just buzz me if i forgot to visit. I need this kind of reminder :)

and i love the optimus prime. I wish i have that for my elder son :D